City of Adelaide Finish Line
Be part of the celebrations as the teams from around the world converge on the City of Adelaide Finish Line at Victoria Square / Tarntanyangga.
Experience the excitement of teams crossing the City of Adelaide Finish Line, completing the epic 3,000 km journey that left Darwin on October 13.
The City of Adelaide Finish will be open from 9am on Thursday 18 October, open until 6pm each day until Sunday 20 October
Check out the teams as they cross the finish line, and then get a closer look at their cars once they've arrived. Plus, there'll be other activities to check out around the Finish Line:
- Check out Questacon's travelling exhibition Byte Wise on the south side of the Square, with computer science mathematics challenges for you to enjoy!
- Build your own solar powered boat, car or even robot!
- The Bridgestone Hub will feature a display of this year's Bridgestone Photo Competition Finalists, with coffee also available in the Hub
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the food trucks on site - Squid Squad, Wafflestix, Zorba's Yiros and Bread & Meat Co. Food Trucks are open from 9am - 5pm each day.
- Take a ride on a Beam Scooter
- Check out Flinders University's awesome Autonomus Bus!
On Sunday the cars will all be on display in the middle of the Square from approximately midday, and later will parade down Wakefield Street to Victoria Park in the BWSC Car Parade. Make sure to come out to wave them all off!
WHEN: Thursday 17 October - Sunday 20 October, 9am - 6pm daily
WHERE: Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga, Adelaide
Cruiser Class Judging
For the Cruiser Class cars, it's not a race from Darwin to Adelaide. It's a Challenge of efficiency and design, ensuring their car can travel on single charges from Darwin to Tennant Creek, Tennant Creek to Coober Pedy, and Coober Pedy to Adelaide.
Cruiser Class cars are judged on their effiency as they progress throughout the Challenge, and then when they arrive in Adelaide, their car is judging on its practicality, design and apperance.
A group of judges will hear a 3 minute presentation from the team about their car. The judges will then consider design innovation, environmental impact, ease of access and egress, occupant space and comfort, ease of operation (driving and charging), versatility, style and desirability - it's important that these cars would be cars people could drive in every day life.
This year the esteemed panel of judges includes;
Relevant Scientific Faculty plus:
- Ms Gale Lueck - Event Director & Operations Director American Solar Challenge (USA)
- Mr Lex Hoefsloot - CEO & Co-Founder Lightyear (Netherlands)
- Ms Sally Hunt - Event Manager, Carrera Solar Atacama (Chile)
- Mr Rob Walker - Organiser, SASOL Solar Challenge (South Africa)
- Mr Cameron Tuesley - Prohelian
- Ms Coco Wong - Tesla
- Mr Jay Manley - Tesla
- Mr Danny Kennedy - Managing Director, California Clean Energy Fund and CEO, New Energy Nexus
- Ms Jenny Paradiso - Managing Director, Suntrix
WHEN: Saturday 19 October, 11am - 2pm (subject to change)
WHERE: Cruiser Pavilion, Official City of Adelaide Finish Line - Victoria Square
Park at UPark Grote for the World Solar Challenge
$8 flat fee Saturday & Sunday
Carpark opens at 6.00am
Enter via Grote Street (next to the Adelaide Bus Station)
Free City Connector Bus
Take advantage of the free City Connector bus, offering a hop-on and hop-off service to the City and North Adelaide linking popular city attractions, shopping, dining and key destinations. Bus route 98A and 98C connect North Adelaide with the city, and 99A and 99C connect the inner-city areas not serviced by the tram. Services operate every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends.
For timetables, route details and real-time information visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au/freecitybus