Smart Grids Pitch Competition
Smart grids are key to unlocking solar energy’s potential around the world. Mission Innovation wants your ideas on intelligent ways of delivering electricity.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2019 MISSION INNOVATION SMART GRID PITCH COMPETITION CLOSE AT 5:00PM FRIDAY 18 OCTOBER
On Saturday 19 October, entrants will pitch their innovative smart grid ideas to a panel of experts in front of a live audience. It's a fantastic opportunity for entrants from the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge to further their connections with industry and take their innovations a step closer to commercial outcomes.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- The Mission Innovation review panel will select the top six concepts to go through to the final pitching round
- Finalists will be notified by 19 August and provided with further guidance for pitching.
- 5-minute presentation
- 5 minutes for questions from the judges
- Props, slides or other visual material to enhance your pitch are encouraged
- A maximum team of four presenters
THE JUDGING PANEL
The top six teams will be invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges including:
- Dr Glenn Platt, Research Director, Grids & Energy Efficiency Systems, CSIRO AUS
- Mr Danny Kennedy, Managing Director, California Clean Energy Fund & CEO, New Energy Nexus USA
- Mr John O’Brien, Partner, Energy Transition & Renewables, Deloitte AUS
- Mr Lex Hoefsloot, CEO & Co-Founder Lightyear NLD
- Ms Coco Wong, Staff Technical Program Manager, Energy Engineering Tesla AUS
Invited guests will include BWSC teams, investors, energy experts, entrepreneurs, dignitaries, sponsors & media.
DATE & TIME
Saturday 19 October 2019, Cruiser Pavillion, Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga, South Australia
3:00pm - 5:00pm: Pitch Competition
5:00pm onwards: Networking drinks
For further information & enquiries please call;
Danielle Carman or Young Lee
Australian Government, Department of the Environment and Energy
+61 2 6159 7158